ASGEN Series for Coughs, Sputum, and Asthmatic Cough
- Consult with your local pharmacy before purchasing.
- Always read the package insert before using.
Japanese and Chinese medicine extract blend ASGEN Granules EX Tablets Designated Class 2 OTC medicine
This blend of five Wakan-yaku ingredient extracts acts to gently relieve coughs from stuck sputum, strenuous coughing, and asthmatic coughs (hacking, wheezing). The main ingredient, Ephedra, when combined with diprophylline (synergetic bronchodilator action) is effective for asthmatic coughs (hacking, wheezing). (This is the ASGEN San EX Tablet type.)
- Coughs, asthmatic coughs (hacking, wheezing), sputum
- 45 tablets
- Dosage and Administration
- Take the following dose three times a day after meals.
Age Dosage Adult
(15 years and older)
3 tablets 11 to under 15 2 tablets 7 to under 11 1.5 tablets 5 to under 7 1 tablet under 5 years Must not be used
- Ingredients and Content
- Composition of adult daily dose (3 sachets): Dried Ephedra extract 575 mg, Licorice Root extract 165 mg, anhydrous caffeine 120 mg, diprophylline 150 mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 8.2 mg (Additives: Hydroxypropyl-cellulose, acesulfame K, meta-aluminosilicate Mg, corn starch, lactose milk sugar)