ASGEN Series for Coughs, Sputum, and Asthmatic Cough
- Consult with your local pharmacy before purchasing.
- Always read the package insert before using.
Cough Medicine Japanese and Chinese medicine extract blendZenmyo Granules A, Zenmyo Granules α, Zenmyo Granules Cough Suppressant Designated Class 2 OTC medicine
Help for various types of coughs and sputum
This blend of 11 ingredients, including Wakan-yaku extracts, acts on cough and sputum symptoms resulting from various causes, and helps to loosen sputum and sedate coughs. These cough medicines are based on Ephedra extracts, and contain a blend of noscapine (central non-narcotic antitussive) and potassium guaiacolsulfonate (effective for loosening sputum).
- Coughs, asthmatic coughs (hacking, wheezing), sputum
- Zenmyo San A：1.2g×16 packages、1.2g×24 packages
Zenmyo San α：1.2g×16 packages、1.2g×24 packages
Zenmyo Cough Suppressant：1.2g×16 packages、1.2g×24 packages
- Dosage and Administration
- Take the following dose four times a day after each meal and at bedtime.
Age Dosage Adult
(15 years and older)
1 package 11 to under 15 2/3 packages 8 to under 11 1/2 packages 5 to under 8 1/3 packages 3 to under 5 1/4 packages under 3 years Must not be used
- Ingredients and Content
- Composition of adult daily dose (4 sachets): Dried Ephedra extract 500 mg, dried Licorice Root extract 200 mg, dried Ginger extract 100 mg, dried Cinnamon Bark extract 45.5 mg, dried Asarum extract 100 mg, dried Schisandra Berry extract 277.8 mg, dried Pinellia Rhizome extract 80 mg, noscapine 48 mg, potassium guaiacolsulfonate 240 mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 8.2 mg, anhydrous caffeine 120 mg (Additives: Metasilicate aluminate Mg, hydrogen phosphate Ca, corn starch, lactose milk sugar, acesulfame K, hydroxypropyl-cellulose, flavoring)